Senior in home care is a great alternative for the care of your loved one when you are unable to be there for them. You can be assured your loved one is being looked after and cared for properly during times you are at work or have other family obligations. Another alternative care option is 24 hour home care, depending on the level of care that is needed for your loved one. At Covered Caregiver we provide both options to your family. Here are a few benefits for you and your family to consider.
- Familiarity and comfort of being in their own home – Most seniors find it more appealing and prefer to stay in the comfort of their own home as they progressively age. They may have many memories they have created in their homes and they may not be ready to let go of these precious times. Senior in home care gives our elderly the opportunity to continue to live independently, under their own terms, and in their own home. Hiring a senior home care aide to come in and assist with the daily activities your loved one struggles with or is no longer able to do alone, will be key to having them stay in their homes safely and long-term wise.
- Personalized one-on-one care – If your loved one was moved into a nursing home, they would not receive the one-on-one care they would if they were able to stay in the comfort of their own home with a senior in home care aide. Having a senior in home care aide come into the senior’s home assures the family members that their loved one is receiving specialized, one-on one-care. In this manner, senior in home care helps your loved one achieve the ultimate comfort they desire without limiting themselves in a facility when interaction, at most, is provided during meal time and medication dispensing by staff.
- Family peace of mind – It is not an easy task for family members to care for their elderly loved ones that are in a declining state of health. Adult sons and daughters also have the responsibility to ensure their own immediate family is being taken care, all while maintaining their career and work life. This balancing act may be too challenging. Hiring a senior in home care provider can help alleviate this tremendous burden, rid the guilt of providing care as a primary caregiver and provide family members peace of mind and reassurance when it comes to their loved one’s care. Knowing there is someone there and providing consistent and loving care, while meeting the diverse and changing needs of their loved ones is reassuring and a reminder that you are fulfilling the wanted independence your parent so desires.
- Continue with daily activities and routines – When your elderly family member has the freedom to stay in their own home and live by their own rules, it gives them a sense of comfort and places them at ease. They feel they are able to have control over their own daily activities they have always been accustomed to. This can include anything from your loved one having a dog they enjoy walking around the neighborhood or enjoying working in their garden. When you hire a senior in home care aide, it enables your elderly family member to still maintain their independence and enjoy the daily activities they love in the comfort of their own surroundings. Widely known in the healthcare arena is that keeping active and engaged in several activities regularly helps reduce depression and increases happiness.
- Quality of life improves – Daily struggles can be immediately lifted when a senior in home care aide is hired to come into your loved one’s home. The goal of a home care aide is to make the life of their senior companion as simple and safe as possible while still maintaining your loved one’s independence. Your elderly loved one will feel more relaxed and calm knowing they will not have to worry about handling everyday things alone. Our professional caregivers provide premium quality service while ensuring your loved one’s privacy and independence, whether through our senior in home care program or 24 hour home care program.